Friday 4 April 2014

Evaluation question 4

How did you use new medias technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?


As part of the construction stage I have used three main programmes on the apple macs. These were Final cut, garage band and Photoshop. I had previously used the programmes final cut and garage band for my AS media production so I was familiar with how with how to use these. However as I created a trailer I learnt to create different effects on final cut. I learnt how to create a split screen. For my ancillary texts I used Photoshop to create them. I knowledge of Photoshop however I had never created a poster or magazine cover using it. This programme was new to use in media for these texts. I found that Photoshop works slightly different on a mac computer to a windows computer. Therefore I had to learn where the tools were that I needed.



Throughout the research and planning stages I have used Blogger. On this I have added images, videos, mind maps and more to show my research and planning stages. After researching, planning and constructing my trailer I used the online programmes Facebook and YouTube. I used these programmes to receive feedback for our film trailer.





For the evaluation stage I have learnt to use a new online programme called Prezi. This is similar to PowerPoint however it allows to be more creative with how you present. To make it look more creative I found it quicker and easier to use this programme to PowerPoint as PowerPoint can take a long time to get all the effects right and to make sure the timing is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment